San Antonio Mennonite Church has had a home in the King William neighborhood for nearly three decades, although its building (at 1443 S. St. Mary’s) has been around for much longer. The red tile roof, white stucco walls and intricate windows make it a fine piece of Mediterranean architecture. Mennonites, having Anabaptist roots similar to the Amish, do not ordinarily worship in such fancy church buildings. Simple living is part of the faith tradition; but in the mid-1980s, a group of Mennonites began worshiping in the fellowship hall of the church, which at the time was Westminster Presbyterian. A few years later, the Presbyterian church decided to sell the building to the Mennonites.