The City has refined its parking pilot to align it with a traditional residential permit parking program (RPP). An RPP allows certain areas of on-street parking to be designated for resident parking only. Residents in these designated areas can park in the designated area with a permit. The neighborhood already includes an RPP on Arsenal Street. See map below for proposed streets to be affected.
- The program will operate from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. daily.
- There is a fee of $10 for each permit per year.
- Four permits per parcel are available. Multi-unit parcels are allowed two permits per unit.
- KWA will solicit signatures for a petition to document support or opposition for the project.
- Residents can identify their preferred side of the street for residential parking.
Next steps involve your help, as KWA volunteers and staff gather signatures from the affected blocks. Once signatures are collected and reviewed by City staff, City Council will be asked to pass an ordinance identifying the pilot area. The pilot will last for one year at which time it will be evaluated.
- Rose Kanusky